Like most of our flatform sandals, STAFILI PLATFORM sandals with their iconic structure were inspired by the ancient greek cothurnus. Worn mostly by actors when they portrayed heroic faces of men or women in ancient greek theatre, cothurnus, due to their oversized soles, served to add height to the actor, and therefore grandeur. Plus to height and grandeur, nowadays our flatform sandals for women are highly appreciated for their convenience and ultra-feminine lines.
Perfect for wearing by the pool or strolling through old towns and village streets, these shoes have evolved a lot in relation to their ancient counterpants and now are considered as one of the most comfortable type of shoe to wear during summertime. Stafili flatform sandals come with a soft yet supportive 4 – 4,5cm high platform with Texon top insole, natural jute braid rope and rubber bottom sole for better traction. A wide leather strap hugging your instep along with a secure ankle strap with side buckle-fastening are holding your foot in place. A perfectly put together shoe, available in a natural shade and two modern combinations with special textures and colours.
Like every Pagonis Greek sandal, Stafili flatform sandals are exclusively handcrafted in our Naxian workshop by the members of Pagonis family, proudly making one shoe at a time for the past 80 years, using old traditional techniques and fine materials.
Stafili flatform sandals details:
- Custom made: Choose between 25 different colors or type of leather (Vachetta | Nubuck | Fur | Fabric) | Create your own unique Pagonis Greek Sandals.
- Top sole: Texon Cellulose Board 5mm laminated with pigskin leather. Texon Board is natural and sustainable, absorbs high levels of moisture. Comfort is the main reason for widespread use of Cellulose.
- Height Of the Platform: Toes: 4cm | Heel: 4.5cm
- Choose between 2 colors for platform base:
- Black base with Black Cord
- Beige base with Natural Cord.
- Available in full sizes, go up the nearest whole size for half sizes.
- Leather sandals soles and straps get softer with wear.
- Natural color leather gets tanner with wear and sun exposure.
- Larger sizes are available on request, leave us a comment at check out.
- Pagonis Greek Sandals are 100% Handmade in Naxos Island, Greece.